Dear ABF and Student Ministry Leadership,
Class Meetings Postponed and Services Go Online Only
By now you may have seen pastor’s message on our facebook page about our response to the Coronavirus over the next couple of weeks. How it affects you and your class is that we will have no formal in-person gatherings of more than 10 for the next 2 Sundays. This is a difficult decision that has been made, but as you know we are dealing with truly unique circumstances. All services and programming have been canceled in their in-person format for the next two weeks.
Update on Teaching Schedule
Teachers, as far as our lesson schedule goes, we will be teaching the next lesson in Romans, Session 3, whenever we come back in person to meet again as ABF’s. Whenever we know exactly what will happen as far as scheduling, I will put together a calendar for the lesson schedule. The next quarter’s teaching is in Proverbs and Song of Solomon, which are much easier books to pick and choose lessons from. Doing this will put us back on track for the long term.
As a church we still have a responsibility to reach, teach and minister. This mission and need is especially felt in times of crisis. I believe this situation is an incredible opportunity for three reasons:
- Many People are open to ministry right now. Many people are scared, worried, concerned and isolated.
- Many People are open to connection right now. I have noticed a responsiveness to phone calls, social media posts, and texts over the past couple of days. Many people are hunkered down with more time on their hands than normal having routines disrupted. A friendly connection is more welcomed by many.
- When we stay connected through a phone call, text, email, or social media we say something important about our mission. When we take some time to check in on our people we are saying something about our church, our classes, and our mission. We are saying that our mission and vision to reach, teach and minister is always important because people are important.
Because these truths are important I am asking if you would take some time over the next week to lead your class in calling each other to check in. Would you be willing to make some phone calls to stay connected with your class during this time? To be clear I’m not asking just the teachers to do this. Anyone and everyone can help.
Here are some questions you can ask:
- How are you doing?
- Is everyone healthy?
- Do you have any prayer requests that I could pray with you for right now?
- Do you have any needs?
Shelby Next- New Training Page
ShelbyNext , our churches online database, will be a great help to you during this time. You can access it here- cantonbaptist.shelbynextchms.com. You can get to yoru class and care group list here so you can call and contact them. If you don’t have a log-in, or can’t remember it please don’t hesitate to call me. I’ll get you access.
These videos and additional training on using ShelbyNext’s Mobile App can be found here: http://www.cantonbaptistabf.com/shelbynext
- Using the Shelby Next Mobile App: https://youtu.be/slmSZnawzQE
- Logging Interactions: https://player.vimeo.com/video/218138357
- Anyone can log interactions very easily without a Shelby Next Account or logging in here: http://www.cantonbaptistabf.com/contact/
As you make calls please record the results so we can make sure no one slips through the cracks!
If you are more comfortable with paper reports, please call the office or email me. If you have any access problems please don’t hesitate to email me. I am here to help.
Our Mission is important.
I believe if we will effectively shepherd our groups during this time we will honor the Lord and see God use us during this difficulty. I believe if we don’t meet, and don’t stay connected with our class members during this time there will be negative consequences.
Thank you for all you do! Please let me know how I can help.
Canton Baptist Temple
Our Mission: Reach people. Teach people. Minister to people.